Wednesday, February 18, 2009

working and reading

I have been having trouble finding time to read recently. I have been working quite a lot these past few weeks but I managed to finish a wonderful book called Outliers a story of success by Malcolm Gladwell. This is a very informative read. I learned that in 10000 hours anyone can be an expert at anything, as long as you have the devotion you can acquire the skill. I also learned that I need to create opportunities to succeed. I like the way he explains success as a matter of hard work and opportunity. I wish I had kept my son back in school and now I know why that would have made such a difference.
I am not sure what I am going to read next. I have a couple books with me tonight at work for my dinner break and will see which grabs me. I have purchased a few books lately and my total number is creeping up. I haven't had the heart to count again because I know I am out of control. I really have no place left to stash the books and I can't read fast enough to catch up.
I have made contact with an old school friend(grammar) through Facebook. It is nice to hear from old friends and learn what they are up to. I enjoy having a new email friend to chat with. I can't wait to find out how many or few things we still have in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment