Sunday, November 1, 2009

HER FEARFUL SYMMETRY

I recently read Audrey Niffenegger's new book HER FEARFUL SYMMETRY. I have been long awaiting this book after her last THE TIME TRAVELERS WIFE. I can't say I was disappointed. The characters are fascinating and well developed. The author definitely has a fondness for quirky people. While I saw early on where the book was heading the ending wasn't what I imagined. I'm not sure if this is a happy,heartwarming novel or not, I just can't decide. The more I pondered her last book I realized that Time Traveler didn't have a textbook happy ending and it still became one of my favorites. Niffenegger definitely knows how to weave a tale and this story is as original an idea as her last novel was. Fans of her work won't be disappointed in the least. Like Time Traveler , Her Fearful Symmetry is a novel I will reflect upon long after its left my shelf. I have passed my copy on to my sister and can only hope she gets as much enjoyment out of the story as I did.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like another book to put on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have now read this one and blogged about it here!

    http://kathylovestoread.blogspot.com/2009/12/her-fearful-symmetry-by-audrey.html

    ReplyDelete