Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hi,
This is my first blog. You will probably be able to tell. I just finished reading this book called Julie & Julia and it inspired me. The book is about a woman who decides to make a the recipes in Mastering The Art of French Cooking and blogs about it. There is no way I am going to master the art of french cooking but I do love to read. This book was pretty interesting and nice to enjoy someone elses domestic hell.
A better food read is the memoir by Bill Buford called Heat. This is so entertaining and inspiring a story. Bill decides to soue chef for Mario Batalli in one of his restaurants. It really brings home the professional kitchen experience and Batalli is the one of the most interesting exuberant characters you will every read about.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I have Julie and Julia in my "to be read" pile. Hopefully I'll get to it this year. I'm planning to read My Life in France by Julia Child first. Heat sounds interesting, but I'm trying to limit new acquisitions this year.

    ReplyDelete