Thursday, January 8, 2009

I was doing an early spring cleaning yesterday and I was shocked to discover that I have an addiction.
Hello my name is Kathy and I am an addict. I am addicted to purchasing books. I currently have 116 unread books stuffed into every nook and crany I could possible hide them in. I also have an additional 6 books on the way thanks to the power of the internet. The truly scary thing for me about this is I just moved to this home in Maine a little over a year and a half ago and I didn't own at least 80 of these then. Also before I moved I purged about 200 books many of which I hadn't read. I don't think it is possible to ever catch up.
I kept track of how many books I read last year and I think it was a total of about 58-60. I don't feel like digging out the list. I started a list because I was occasionally purchasing books that I already had or had already read. This year I am going to keep track of everything I read again but I am also keeping track of everything I buy, how much I paid and where I got it.(yes I am that anal)
I hope that by doing this I will have to force myself to keep a better check. I really need to read what I have for awhile because I have no more room to stash them. I am now dreading my trip into town to check the post office.

1 comment:

  1. Oh tell me about being addicted to buying books! I think I have something like 500 unread books and I still buy more! And like you I only read about 60 books last year. At that rate it will take me nearly 10 years just to read the books I already own and think of how many more I'll have bought in the next 10 years... It's almost depressing if you look at it that way.

    ReplyDelete