Friday, January 9, 2009

thoughts

The other day I started reading Duma Key by Stephen King. It has been a few years since my last King book, and I haven't read him in earnest in about 15 years but it was just calling to me from the shelf "me,I'm next" so I picked it up. I have never read a King book I didn't like and so far this is no exception. As I was reading the main character of the book struck me as to much of a parallel to his life. In the story the character Edgar is traumatically injured in an accident.The suffering, rage and mental anguish of memory loss,turning to thoughts of suicide got me to wondering if this is how he felt after his accident. I remember seeing a picture of him after he left the hospital at the time and thinking then how old and beaten he looked. That is the image in my head now as I picture the character in the story. Thankfully I have recently seen an article he wrote and he looks like his old self ( a little more gray and less heavy but pretty good). I still can't help but wonder if Edgar's feeling where what he went through in his recovery because that would truly be more of a horror than any story he could every write.

I also went to the post office yesterday and one of the books I've ordered was there. Now I still have 116 more to read not counting Duma Key. I also have 5 more still on the way. I really have to stop for awhile but I don't know how long I can hold out. I really have no room to stick these anywhere so I will have to hunt up a new location and hope my husband doesn't find them. He is beginning to complain about the amount again. He evidently looked through the cupboard the other day and remarked on how much stuff I have crammed into it. I just hope he doesn't do an actual count. Especially since he is going to the post office in the morning and could just find not the package he is waiting for but another one of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment