Sunday, January 25, 2009

time crunch

I haven't posted in the last few days. I have been trying to find time to knit and read and of course I got caught up in book shopping. I had a scare when my package of books from THE BOOK OF THE MONTH CLUB were lost in transit but they are reshipping. I love an efficient book club (I belong to 5). They are not always the cheapest way to purchase books but they do give great service and their websites are easy to use and keep track of purchases.
I went to Goodwill yesterday and was proud that I left empty handed. I over spent in the yarn store so that turned out to be a good thing. I need to purchase a new digital camera so I can post some photos. My daughter busted my old one. I am trying to repair that one also so she can have it and not borrow any new one I buy.
I am currently reading LIES MY TEACHER TOLD ME by James Loewen. It is truly interesting how history is spun to appeal to the masses. I am learning a few things I didn't know but more importantly I think the book makes you stop and rethink about things you do know.
I am also starting a new sock pattern I saw on knitty gritty. The Coriolis sock is knit from the toe up. I am not great with socks but I think I can complete it.

No comments:

Post a Comment