Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I am moving right along in Duma Key. Another can't put down read by Mr. King. I took time out of reading Saturday afternoon to go to the Railroad Cinema and watch SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE. It was a terrific film. I love foreign made films anyway and this was no exception. It is a wonderful love story layered with an amazing view of India's underprivileged.
Another film I loved (foreign language) is Children of Heaven. It is Iranian I believe. This is a heartbreaking tale but a must see for fans of foreign films. If you haven't seen The Diving Bell and the Butterfly than you really have missed something special. It is definitely a film that will stay with me always. It seemed like it would be a more depressing film than it turned out to be.

I broke down and bought another 4 books at the Goodwill on Saturday. I wish I had also picked up the copy of Revolutionary Road they had but I will probably be better served if I just see the film. I am already trying to decide what I can begin next. I will probably finish Duma Key by Friday at the latest. I just have so many to choose from. I may start two and take one to work and leave one at home. I know that sounds confusing but I can sometimes read two or three books at the same time if they are not overly similar. Sometimes I just don't want to bring a hardcover out with me. Sometimes I need a book I can sneak into my purse. I will have to ponder more on this and see what calls out to me demanding to be next.

No comments:

Post a Comment